January 12-14, 2024
3 Days/ 2 Night’s
$699 Per Person
Fully supported including lodging, meals, SAG support, navigation and guided tour, training instructions, hands on coaching, and an experience of a lifetime!
Paypal Secure Registration:
*All transactions include a PayPal fee of 4%. Avoid PayPal fee by paying via Venmo (@Steven-Perezluha) or PayPal Friends and Family to (StevenPerezluha@cfl.rr.com)
Want to train and explore some of Florida’s best cycling roads this winter? Wait no longer! Join us on this fun 3-day/2 night training adventure trip led by an experienced coach-tour guide into the heartland of Florida. The route will include lightly traveled country roads with views of open ranches, lakes, sandy beaches, crystal blue waters of the Gulf of Mexico, the Peace River, rolling orange groves, hard packed gravel roads, and much more of Florida’s undeveloped land. Riders will start just outside of Lakeland, FL and ride 128 miles south to Venice, Florida where we will enjoy the final miles on a pristine Florida beach and see the sunset. Day two rides across the heartland of Florida to Sebring with 115 miles. The final day is 75 miles back to Lakeland. Florida has some of the best weather in the winter so if you’re from the northern or western United States, this is the perfect opportunity to get away and train in the Florida sunshine. Come along for a fun and challenging ride and see some of Florida’s small towns, peaceful countryside, pristine cycling roads, and quiet beaches on this epic cycling camp-excursion camp! Join on on this cycling camp adventure for the 7th year!
- Well-planned routes exploring scenic back road and bike trails
- Training and Coaching Instructions while riding including power goals, endurance, pacing, and motivation
- Planned stops at scenic parks to take in land, eat lunch, and refuel
- An experience of a lifetime where you can explore places you’ve never been, see cool Florida towns, visit beaches, bike shops, coffee shops, and enjoy a cold beer after the ride
- Ride through undeveloped parts of Florida with quiet back roads that are a cycling paradise
- Ride along the quiet beach roads next to the Gulf of Mexico
- Lodging at the Inn on the Lakes Hotel in Sebring, FL
- Ride on scenic highways through rolling orange groves and quiet farm roads in the heartland of Florida
Cost for three days (per person) to include the following:
- Hammer Nutrition
- Vegan Bars
- 2 Full Course Breakfast’s
- 3 Lunch’s including vegetarian burritos, Tofurkey wraps, turkey wraps, pita chips, hummus, grapes, fruit juice, pickles, and coke
*Provide us with lunch requests and dietary restrictions beforehand
- Dinner at Plaza Mexico Restaurant Bar and Grill in Venice Beach and Chicanes Restaurant & Bar (at Hotel) in Sebring
*Alcoholic drinks are not included at restaurants
4 Star ~$250/night hotels
- Hotel Venezia. Venice Beach, FL
- Inn on the Lakes. Sebring, FL
*Double occupancy. Single rooms extra charge ($160 more for both nights)
3) SAG Support:
- SAG: Ice, Hammer Nutrition, bike supplies, and cold premixed bottles of Hammer products + Water
- Experienced Driver to keep us safe and provide support when needed and have nutrition and liquid on hand! Vehicle will carry your belongings and keep them accessible
4) Coaching/Logistics/Organization (See Below)
START LOCATION and PARKING:
Florida Polytechnic University
Address: 4700 Research Way, Lakeland, FL 33805
*Parking is just outside of the actual campus on the parallel parking spots on Research Way.
- Day 1 start time: ~7:30am
- Day 2 start time: ~9:00am
- Day 3 start time: ~9:00am
Mileage: 75-125 miles per day. (4-6 hours riding time). This is based on a 18-22mph average riding pace
Bring your backpack/suitcase with items such as: flip flops, 3 cycling kits, spare set of clothes, and personal items. (SAG vehicle will carry your belongings)
- A goal and journey to start looking forward to right now
- Great off-season training for riders living up north! Florida is an excellent location for training in winter with temperatures generally between 60-85 degrees
- Rides will break up into faster or slower groups as needed each day (No drop format). We will also have timed segment sections for a fun competitive bonus!
- Experienced coach to lead ride, navigate, provide coaching, and motivation
- Training days feature cycling workouts which will include specific training instructions and feedback
- Support and gear vehicle available to assist riders with food, intermittent rest, and bike mechanicals
- Water refills and snack breaks as needed (every 90 minutes-2 hours on average)
- Registration Deadline is 12/31/23 with payment due in full.
Solo Room Entry ($859)
Shared Room Entry ($699)
Avoid ~4 % PayPal fee by paying with Friends and Family option (StevenPerezluha@cfl.rr.com) or Venmo (@Steven-Perezluha).
Want to see complete camp guide or have any questions?
Phone Number: 407-619-5304
Facebook Page (Coming Soon!)
Heartland Cycling Camp 2024 Flyer (Coming Soon!)
Proud Sponsors of Event: