August 23-28, 2023
6 Day’s/5 Night’s
Fully supported including lodging, all meals, SAG support, training instructions, hand on coaching, waterfalls, and an experience of a lifetime!
Shared Room Entry $1600:
Pay via Zelle (Stevenacrossamerica@gmail.com) to avoid fees.
Welcome to the North Georgia-North Carolina cycling camp. We are back for the 6th year in a row on this epic waterfall-mountains camp with some of the most challenging climbs in the southwestern United States! This years camp will be hosted in a serene wilderness area near Aska, GA. Riders will be able to detach from everyday life and enjoy an action packed cycling adventure training camp and get off the grid for a week. This cycling camp will feature riding in the beautiful Northern Georgia and North Carolina-Tennessee Appalachian Mountains. Riders will get to tour and train on some epic climbs featuring water falls, quiet back country roads, mountain overlooks, and a few gravel roads. With an experienced ride leader and navigator, these rides will not only be a great training opportunity, but a fun adventure tour as well. Experienced tour guides will take care of lodging, dining, safe roads to ride on, special sights to see, cool towns to visit, and more.
Let the land provide beautiful views while also getting excellent training and learning from coach:
Special offerings and highlights of this camp will include hands on coaching, power testing (including post ride data analyzation), immediate feedback, and skills training including:
1. Sustained climbing techniques
2. Climbing efficiency including optimal gearing and body position
3. Threshold testing including power analyzation and feedback
4. Descending and cornering skills
5. Proper bike equipment selection
6. Building confidence and finding the right mindset
7. Mental toughness to get through any climb!
- Waterfall ride featuring a ride with multiple waterfall stops
- Climbing ride featuring mountain top climbs and climbing workouts (optional threshold test)
- Climb to Georgia’s highest point Brasstown Bald at 4,783 feet
- Well-planned routes with very little traffic through beautiful national forests
- Camp fires, swimming in waterfalls, and cold beer (optional)
- Relaxing recovery coffee ride featuring an easy day with a stop at a coffee shop
Cost for 6 days (per person) to include the following:
- Hammer Nutrition
- Raw Energy Bars
- Anti-Fatigue Caps
- 5 Breakfast’s (camp hosts will cook exclusive home-made breakfast including vegetarian deluxe omelettes)
- Wrap’s for lunch including tofurkey, tofu, and turkey with veggies/cheese options
- 4 Dinner’s (camp hosts will cook homemade pasta, pizza, Mexican, and veggie burger dinners (*1 night a restaurant not included)
- Restaurant to be Monte Alban Restaurante Mexicano
- Trip to McCaysville for dinner on final night and visiting Buck Bald Brewing
- 4-5 nights in a amazing cabin-home near beautiful Blue Ridge and Aska, GA
- Optional 5th night (Sunday 8/28)
- Lodging includes a fire-pit, hot tub, pool table, and beautiful views of the mountains with multiple scenic private decks.
(Double occupancy *single rooms extra charge)
3) SAG support
SAG: Ice, Hammer Nutrition, bike supplies, and cold premixed bottles of Hammer products + water
4) Coaching/ Logistics/ Organization (See below)
- Mileage: 25-80 mies per day. (1.5-6.0 hours of riding time)
- Extra rides/miles available
- Bring clothes including cold weather and rain gear as the Appalachian Mountains sometime bring about cold temperatures and sporadic storms
- A goal and journey to start looking forward to right now
- Great mid-season training for riders looking to escape the heat of Florida and take a break in the mountains
- The Appalachian Mountains are an excellent location for training in the summer with temperatures generally between 60-85 degrees
- Rides will breakup into faster or slower groups as needed each day. Re-grouping on climbs format
- Experienced coach to lead ride, navigate, provide coaching, and motivation. Coach will lead a faster and slower group for the climbs
- Training days feature cycling workouts which will include specific training instructions and feedback
- Threshold climbing testing included (optional). Individualized power analyzation and feedback included
- Support and gear vehicle to assist riders with food, intermittent rest, and bike mechanicals (*volunteers are welcome)
- Water refills and snack breaks as needed (every 90 minutes-2 hours on average)
Registration (Early Price ending 6/23/23)
*Price Increases after 6/23/23
*1/2 deposit due before 6/23/23; 2nd half due 7/23/23
Registration Options (PayPal Secure Registration)
Solo Room: $2100 ($2300 after 7/20/23)
This option reserves a riders own room.
Shared: $1600 ($1800 after 7/20/23)
This option includes a riders own bed with others in bed in same room.
Self Lodging: $999
This option includes everything except the lodging where riders will meet us at the start of every day and complete the full day activities. This option includes breakfast and dinner each night
Self Lodging (No Meals): $799
This option includes everything except the lodging where riders will meet us at the start of every day and complete the full day activities. This option does not include breakfast and dinner each night.
*Pay via Zelle (Stevenacrossamerica@gmail.com) to avoid fees
Have a volunteer you’d like to bring for a discounted entry? Want to become a camp sponsor? Please email me below for inquires:
Complete Camp Guide or Questions?
Flyer: August 23-28, 2023 Tri State Camp Flyer (coming soon!)
Off the bike fun!
Arrive a day early on Tuesday 8/22 or stay Sunday afternoon 8/27 and join us for hiking, tubing, and exploring in historic towns!
Want to receive 15% off your entire first Hammer Nutrition order?