December 8-9, 2018
2 Days/ 1 Night
$275 Per Person
Fully Supported including lodging, food, SAG support, training instructions and hands on coaching, and an experience of a lifetime!
Want to train and explore some of Florida’s best cycling roads and bike trails this winter? Wait no longer! Join us on a fun training adventure trip led by experienced riders into the heartland of Florida and the Gulf of Mexico. This route will include over 100 miles of bike trail stretching from Tampa to Crystal River and back. It will also include quiet rolling hills, open farmland, forests, big blue lakes, bright blue Florida Springs, and views of the Gulf of Mexico. Florida has some of the best weather in the winter, so if you’re from the northern or western United States this is the perfect opportunity to get away and train in the Florida Sunshine. Come along for a fun and challenging ride and see some of Florida’s small towns, excellent bike trails, and quiet beach roads on this journey that will prelude to the longer excursion down to Key West!
- Well-planned routes exploring Florida’s scenic back roads and bike trails
- Training and Coaching Instructions while riding including power goals, endurance, pacing, and motivation
- Planned stops at scenic parks to take in land, eat lunch, and refuel
- An experience of a lifetime where you can explore places you’ve never been, see cool Florida towns, visit beaches, bike shops, coffee shops, and enjoy a cold beer after the ride
- Safe area’s to ride including over 100 miles of bike trail including the following trails:
1) Upper Tampa Bay Trail
2) Suncoast Trail
3) Withlacoochee State Trail
4) Starkey Park Wilderness Trail
5) East Lake Trail
6) Canal Trail
- A stop at Three-Sisters Springs and/or Fort Island Gulf Beach at the end of the first day.
- Cold beer and celebration at the end of the camp in Safety Harbor!
- A goal and journey to start looking forward to right now
- Great off-season training for riders living up north! Florida is an excellent location for training in winter with temperatures generally between 60-85 degrees
- Rides will break up into faster or slower groups as needed each day. No drop format
- 2 experienced coaches to lead ride, navigate, provide coaching, and motivation
- Training days feature cycling workouts which will include specific training instructions and feedback
- Support and gear vehicle available to assist riders with food, intermittent rest, and bike mechanicals
- Water refills and snack breaks as needed (every 90 minutes-2 hours on average)
Cost for two days (per person) to include the following:
- Hammer Nutrition
- Vegan Bars
- Breakfast at Hotel
- 2 Lunch’s including vegetarian burritos, Tofurkey sandwiches, pita chips, hummus, grapes, fruit juice, pickles, and coke
*Provide us with lunch requests and dietary restrictions beforehand
- Dinner at Riviera Mexican Restaurant and Cantina
- Lodging at Hampton Inn, Crystal River
- Double occupancy. 2 people per room
*Additional charge single person rooms
For those traveling from out of town to this camp, we have a host hotel lined up. Ramada Inn Tampa Westshore Airport. $77 double bed/non-smoking room includes parking car for camp. This will also be the parking spot for camp. Reference Perezluha/ Guttenplan Coaching Cycling Camp for discount.
3) SAG Support:
- SAG: Ice, Hammer Nutrition, bike supplies, and cold premixed bottles of Hammer products + Water
- Experienced Driver to keep us safe and provide support when needed and have nutrition and liquid on hand! Vehicle will carry your belongings and keep them accessible
4) Coaching/Logistics/Organization (See Below)
Ramada Tampa Airport Westhore
Address: 1200 N Westshore Blvd, Tampa, FL 33607
Mileage: 110 miles per day. (5-7 hours riding time). This is based on a 18-22mph averge riding pace
Bring a backpack with sandals or shoes. 2 Cycling Kits, spare set of clothes, and personal items. (SAG vehicle will carry your belongings
Complete Camp Guide or Questions?