In this section, I will share with you what drives me to never give up and push on until the goal is accomplished. Whenever you feel like giving up, just remember that the best place to quit is the finish. Continue reading to help me inspire you.
I believe the the country America used to be.
I believe in the person I was to become.
I believe in the freedom the open road.
I believe in the kindness of strangers.
And when I’m at war with myself, I ride. I just ride
Lana Del Rey-Ride
THE WAY OF THE CHAMPION
3 steps on the road to glory:
KNOW WHAT YOU GOT
SPARE WHAT YOU GOT
USE WHAT YOU GOT
Better than your worst day
Help support my Uncle’s journey back to life after his paralysis here:
My Favorite Quotes
THINGS COULD BE BETTER, BUT THEY COULD ALSO BE MUCH, MUCH WORSE
FIND THE CHAMPION WITHIN
BE TRUE TO YOURSELF
HOLD NOTHING BACK
FULL HONEST EFFORT
1) “I firmly believe that any man’s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle – victorious.”
2) “If the miles behind me could be put into words before you… you would feel my efforts, my struggles, my desires, most of all you would see my joy…Watch me from afar run the trails and hills and miles upon miles and you will see…”
3) “To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift”
4) “The sea’s only gifts are harsh blows and, occasionally, the chance to feel strong. Now, I don’t know much about the sea, but I do know that that’s the way it is here. And I also know how important it is in life not necessarily to be strong but to feel strong, to measure yourself at least once, to find yourself at least once in the most ancient of human conditions, facing blind, deaf stone alone, with nothing to help you but your own hands and your own head…”
5) “Strong. You can do anything. You can go anywhere. Money, power is an illusion. It’s up here. You can be here. Me and you.”
6) “So many people live within unhappy circumstances and yet will not take the initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity, and conservatism, all of which may appear to give one peace of mind, but in reality nothing is more dangerous to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future. The very basic core of a man’s living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.”
-Christopher Johnson McCandless (Into the Wild movie)
7) “It should not be denied… that being footloose has always exhilarated us. It is associated in our minds with escape from history and oppression and law and irksome obligations, with absolute freedom, and the road has always led West.”
8) “Rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness… give me truth.”
-Henry David Thoreau
9) “Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you’re wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn’t love you anymore.”
“Even if the whole world turns their back on you, you’ll always have yourself.”
10) “When a young person is moved by a passion and feels compelled to go on this sort of quest, I think you have to let him. You can’t stop him. In our culture we don’t have formal rights of passage like in some ancient cultures. Subjecting yourself to risk… may be something you have to go through to be a man or a women.”
11) “I think that any man who really has faith in himself will be dubbed arrogant by his fellows. I think that’s what happened to me.
12) “I respect any man or woman who respects himself sufficiently to tell the truth no matter what or who it might hurt.”
-Frank Lloyd Wright
1) “Some of life’s greatest feats of all come when no one is watching, no media, no public attention, nothing; just yourself out there with a strong passion and dogged determination to keep moving along and accomplish your mission.”
2) “I always wanted to see how far I could go if I dedicated all my efforts into just one thing, one goal, one exercise, and one mission; The most important mission being able to prove to myself that I can do it; nobody else.”
3) “This is the time in life to let loose and explore, not to hold back, not to conform to society’s demands, to unleash my efforts and desires from within so that way one day when I am no longer fit like I am now, I will never look back with any regrets or think about “what I could have done”.
4) “There was no 1 million dollar prize waiting for me at the Alaskan border, no this gift was better than any amount of money could offer. This journey was not designed for media attention or public recognition. Above all, this journey was to prove to myself that with enough hard work, determination, patience, a little kick of confidence, I can accomplish anything my heart desires. Gaining a new confidence and reminding myself of those times I used to doubt myself, for anytime I was ever nervous upon a race or wrestling meet, or anytime I even doubted my trip to Alaska would even take place. I firmly believe that the greatest gift of all in my life is proving to myself that I can do it, not anybody else on the planet.”
5) “To do each thing in life with confidence….with confidence.”
6) “A reality in which for the rest of my life I will look back and be able to say ‘I did it’. ”
7) “For anything else that arises in life, I will think back to those days when I had a dream. A dream in which I was to let nothing stand in my way and never back down from until accomplished.”
8) “All in all, I conquered my mission and concluded with a new realm of confidence, entering a new mind set to always push on knowing the finish will be someplace glorious, never to go back to where I once started.”
9) “No longer a dream, a fantasy, or some far-fetched high school graduation odyssey; this was now my reality. After 140 days and nights on the road with a new home each night, I now will wake up in the same place for some time to come. Each night as I sleep though, the dream I once had of cycling to Alaska will now be a living reality, for eternity.”
10) “To prove not a thing to anybody on the planet, but myself.”